for the road ahead
get the book ...
Leigh Durst’s book, Walk, Climb or Fly: Surviving and Thriving in the Workplace Wilderness is designed to help professionals and managers from all walks of life develop greater human understanding and improve communication and collaboration. Informed by two decades of experience advising leading global organizations, it’s the perfect companion for any professional who wants to better navigate both complex workplace terrain and challenging interpersonal dynamics!
Discover the three operational styles that dominate every workplace and whether you Walk, Climb or Fly! Learn how to leverage Style recognition to radically improve collaboration, build better relationships, bolster productivity, and boost performance and profit! You’ll better engage with others, align work to your design and navigate toward a more thriving, professional existence!
exceptional vision & executional muscle.
Live Path is a strategic consultancy specializing in business, operations and digital transformation. We leverage decades of skill and experience, providing thought-leadership, well-constructed strategies, and reliable counsel in the following areas:
- Business, Operations, Marketing & Digital Strategy
- Customer & User Experience Research, Analysis & Design
- Web, Mobile & Application Development
- Brand & Integrated Marketing Strategy
- Operational & Business Process Realignment
- Content & Community Development
- Public Speaking, Training & Teaching
- Event Organization & Meeting Facilitation
The thought leadership, well-constructed strategies and reliable counsel we provide bring new opportunities to light, establish strategic direction, transform online and offline experiences and drive bottom-line results.
serving world changers & technology makers.
Live Path serves global blue-chip corporations, startups, non-profits, and public-sector clients – across geographies and industries. We are proud of our 100% client referral rate and client relationships that last for years. While a portion of our work remains confidential, some of our clients include:
driving people-centric transformation.
From the board room to the mailroom; desktop to mobile device, storefront to street front, we help our clients improve and extend their reach, share messages in a more compelling and effective way, streamline operations, and improve products and services across channels – keeping people at the center of everything we do. Here are a few examples of our diverse work:
- We developed a new messaging house for one of the world’s largest standards development organizations, making them warmer, more human and more compelling.
- We streamlined and restructured the technical marketing infrastructure for a top, Gartner-rated CRM firm, which was quickly acquired by a national behemoth.
- We helped an established global technology organization connect with next-generation innovators and develop deep, meaningful and sustained relationships.
- We conduct comprehensive contextual research, UX and CX analysis to inform the design and improvement of leading-edge digital and real experiences for leading global firms.
- We are helping a 2.8 billion dollar financial institution transform its brand, improve end-to-end customer experience, streamline operations and develop a better banking experience.
excellence junkies for hire.
Live Path was founded by Leigh Durst in May of 2005. We are based in Santa Cruz, California with resources in Northern California, the East Coast and the Southwest, and agency and development partners in the USA and abroad. We are a networked consultancy with an established team of highly skilled, experienced, and multidisciplinary practitioners. We select our clients and projects with care, measuring our success based on results and word-of-mouth referrals. So far, so good!
We love people, nature, innovation, technology, mountains, oceans, visual notes, dogs, good fonts, photography, brain hockey, Korean barbecue, Thai food, everything Italian, forest hikes, witty dialog, well-executed pranks, the sound of rippling water, fireworks, beach bonfires, diversity, faith and family. We are addicted to excellence, travel, Sharpies, bulletproof coffee, Post-it notes, Spotify and snort-inducing laughter. We love misfits and are prone to cheer for the underdog.
We dislike politics, car accidents, splinters, abject poverty, cliche stock photography, fake news, poor mobile reception, spiders, bad fonts, natural disasters, apathy, bad drivers, posers, fakery, everything hateful, slow connections, poor UX, low resolution, war, and economy seating.
we love a challenge.
Sometimes, the most simple introductions lead to amazing collaborations! If you’re interested in learning more about us, chatting about consulting, or a project in the works, or reaching out about a speaking engagement for Leigh, please drop us a line! We’d love to hear about your needs. You’ll always find us approachable, engaging and responsive.
If you’re interested in employment or subcontract work, we’d love to learn more about you. Please include a reference to your LinkedIn profile.