Meet us at SXSW – 17 events, 32 speakers and unlimited inspiration!March 5, 2014 8:14 am Leave your thoughts
- Anthony Levandowski, Project Lead, Google’s Self-Driving Car
- Brian David Johnson, Futurist, Intel
- Pablos Holman, Inventor, Intellectual Ventures
- Kelly Goto, Design Ethnographer, gotomedia; Founding Member, UX Fellows Network
- Robin Murphy, Director, Center for Robot-Assisted Search & Rescue (CRASAR),
- James Williamson, Punk Pioneer & Technology Evangelist
- Jessica Colaço, Director of Partnerships, Ushahidi iHub Nairobi, AfriGadget
The Technology for Humanity’ series showcases multiple innovation areas within IEEE members and participants are active, and features some of the world’s leading technologists in their respective fields. Series topics will explore the future of robotics, augmented reality, mHealth, Internet of things, wearable and embedded computing, privacy, security, user experience, music and the future of food. The full session and speaker lineup can be found at the IEEE “Technology for Humanity” series landing page.
Official SXSW Party and Meetup Events
We’ll be doing two meetups and a super fun party (laser maze, robots, copter course and more).
Saturday, March 8th, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the Driskill Hotel, Citadel Room
“Pay it Forward to Women in Biz and Tech” Meetup
- Co-hosted by IEEE, Women Innovate Mobile, Dell and XO Group
- Sponsored by AT&T (thank you!)
- Featuring notable and distinguished women in business and technology, including Elizabeth Gore, our speakers and my incredible pal, Nancy Duarte
- The agenda will include structured and open networking activities, lunch and refreshments.
Sunday, March 9th, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Driskill Hotel, Citadel Room
IEEE / FIRST® Meetup, sponsored by National Instruments
- Back by popular demand, we’re showcasing FIRST®, For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology, a non-profit founded by renown inventor and humanitarian, Dean Kamen, by hosting local FIRST® teams and competition robots of all sizes.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to meet Dean Kamen and network with IEEE “Technology for Humanity” speakers and representatives.
Sunday March 9th, 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at the Driskill Hotel, Mezzanine
IEEE “Technology for Humanity” party, sponsored by National Instruments and AT&T
- Two Bit Circus will provide interactive games from their STEAM Carnival including: a laser maze, game tables, Hexacade, copter course, and magic mirrors.
- FIRST® will showcase local teams and competition robots, with technology demonstrations by National Instruments at a robot bar.
- An invitation only, VIP/media preview hour will be hosted from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 pm (contact me if you’re credentialed member of the press)
- Visit http://bit.ly/MyCd7A external link to register.
Categorised in: Uncategorized